Skip to main content

Kaduna’s Zazzau kingmakers begin fresh selection process - The Great Case

How to Seduce Straight Guys Kaduna’s Zazzau kingmakers begin fresh selection process

…as govt decries leaked Royal memo

2023: VON boss lauds El-Rufai over support for rotational presidency
Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai

By Ibrahim HassanWuyo

Kingmakers of Zazzau Emirate are currently engaged in a fresh process to recommend candidates for the office of the 19th Fulani Emir of Zazzau, the Secretary to the Kaduna State Government, SSG, Balarabe Abbas Lawal has disclosed.

Muyiwa Adekeye, Special Adviser to the Governor (Media & Communication)stated this in a statement on Wednesday.

According to the statement, “the SSG explained that the Kaduna State Government directed a new round of the selection process following the cancellation of the initial process, which excluded two interested applicants.

The Bunu Zazzau complained that he was unable to submit his application because he was told that the window for receipt of applications had closed.

ALSO READ:  I got all the help I needed as President from Late Emir of Zazzau – Obasanjo

The Sarkin Dajin Zazzau also protested his exclusion from the process. It was also noted that the kingmakers assessed two candidates on 24th September 2020 without sighting their CVs which the selectors received a day later.

The SSG said that the state government considers as highly irregular the leakage of the report of the selection meeting of 24th September 2020 before its receipt by the state governor.

The kingmakers are now meeting to assess all the 13 candidates that indicated interest from all the ruling houses, including the two that were previously excluded.

The report of these assessments will be swiftly submitted to the governor for his consideration, the statement by the SSG concluded.

Vanguard News Nigeria.

The post Kaduna’s Zazzau kingmakers begin fresh selection process appeared first on Vanguard News.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arts & Culture events of 2019 and expectations in 2020 - The Great Case

How to Seduce Straight Guys By Osa Amadi, Chukwuma Ajakah&Prisca Sam-Duru As the light fades on 2019, it is gratifying to note that the year has been blissful for arts and culture. Reminiscing on the panoramic presentations that characterized the reviews, one readily observes that art, culture and entertainment are intricately intertwined and inexhaustibly wide. Sanwo-Olu says LASG committed to seaport project in Badagry Art appeals to all ages, cutting across every imaginable barrier through its multifaceted form and functions. The reviews focused on the intrinsic and extrinsic values that make art rivet in virtually every facet of human existence: art for its own sake, the aesthetics, socio-cultural relevance, art promotion and the artists. The stories encompassing all genres of art reveal that art can be explored to propel desirable changes in the society. The roll call is long and colorful: the crossing of the River Nun to bury Pa Gabriel Okara in his village in Bayelsa, E...

PDP postpones purchase of forms for Anambra governorship primaries - The Great Case

How to Seduce Straight Guys The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Sunday announced the postponement  of the sale of forms for Anambra governorship primary election from the earlier scheduled date of Monday, March 1, to Wednesday, March 10. The party in a statement by its National Organising Secretary, Retired Col. Austin Akobundu, in Abuja also announced the extension of the tenure of its zonal caretaker Committees for South-West, North-Central and North-West by 30 days. Akobundu also gave March 1, as the last day for submission of already purchased and completed forms for its zonal congresses in all the zones. “Consequently, screening of aspirants for North-East, South-East and South-South Zonal congresses is now scheduled for Tuesday, March 2, at the zonal headquarters. “In the same vein, the tenures of Zonal Caretaker Committees for South-West, North-Central and North-West have been extended for another period of 30 days. “The fresh extension takes effect from March 10, ...

Commonwealth doctors task FG on security, welfare - The Great Case

How to Seduce Straight Guys By Chioma Obinna Dr.-Osahon-Enabulele A s the body of the murdered Prof Jerome Elusiyan was laid to rest weekend, the Commonwealth Medical Association, CMA, has called for improved security and ambulance services on Nigerian highways in order to avert needless killings and other social vices. The CMA also expressed dismay over what it described as “an unholy killing and kidnapping” of Medical doctors, health professionals and Aid workers, especially in the North Eastern part of Nigeria, in the course of their sacred duties. is one too many for Nigeria and her health community. READ ALSO: PUMS: Finding 425,000 doctors to meet WHO’s recommendation (Opens in a new browser tab) Speaking through its President, Dr. Osahon Enabulele, the CMA, which is umbrella body of medical doctors in the Commonwealth, expressed sadness over the gruesome murder of Prof Elusiyan by unknown gunmen. Enabulele said: “Importantly, Nigeria government should conduct an urgent ...